Wednesday, June 19, 2013

No joy without this Clan


                   Ron MacDonald & Ira Young

Ira Young dropped by our tent at Newport Celtic Festival, him being the former State Commissioner for the state of Idaho. He graciously sent me this poem he had written:

No joy without this Clan
 I talk to you of honor
From a time long past
When our fathers from the old land
Gave all to the very last

 Some were not so lucky
They were moved to distant shores
Others gave their lives
In midst the fog and gore

 I often think of how they fought
And lived without complaints
With hardships, loves lost and won
No single thought of can’t

 We’ve conquered past and present
To move us through this world
Our family close and distant
Is our finely polished pearl

We are the sprigs of Domhnaill
Where we plant we grow
With our faith in kin and God
We reap the good we sow

 When I’m laid to rest
With plaid and pipes a blown
I’ll gather with the long gone kin
And never be alone

 The days I have left
Are in Gods protecting hands
All I know is this
There’s no joy without this Clan

No comments:

Post a Comment